We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
THE National Parks in Italy they are a fantastic destination for spending days outdoors enjoying incredible landscapes.
We are fortunate to live in a country that still offers unspoiled places, ideal for practicingecotourism.
In the coming weeks we will therefore dedicate a series of articles to introduce you one by one i 24 National Parks in Italy, offering you a fair number of quality photographs and videos that I, my collaborators or IdeeGreen partners were able to collect, hoping to encourage you to dedicate a few weekends, or an even longer period if you have the opportunity, to visit these exceptional places.
Each new article will be launched on our site and linked from this "collector article" with its list that you find below.
THE National Parks they are areas of territory defined by the state with a particular environmental and naturalistic value, due to the presence of intact ecosystems or other biological, physical or geological formations of absolute value that are thus protected so that even the next generations can benefit from them.
National Parks of Italy: complete list by the Ministry of the Environment
- National Park of Abruzzo, Lazio and Molise
- Alta Murgia National Park
- Lucano Apennine National Park - Val d’Agri-Lagonegrese
- National Park of the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines
- National Park of the Archipelago of La Maddalena
- National Park of the Tuscan Archipelago
- Asinara National Park
- Aspromonte National Park
- National Park of Cilento, Vallo di Diano and Alburni
- Cinque Terre National Park
- Circeo National Park
- National Park of the Belluno Dolomites
- National Park of the Casentinesi Forests, Monte Falterona and Campigna
- Gargano National Park
- Gran Paradiso National Park
- Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga National Park
- National Park of the Gulf of Orosei and Gennargentu
- Majella National Park
- Sibillini Mountains National Park
- Pollino National Park
- Sila National Park
- Stelvio National Park
- Val Grande National Park
- Vesuvius National Park
National Parks of Italy: official map
The following map, prepared by the Ministry of the Environment, allows you to enter each of the National Parks just listed in the Italian territorial context, so that you can also evaluate the distance from your area of residence.
Marine protected areas and natural reserves in Italy
Ai 24 national parks of Italy they add well 32 between marine protected areas and nature reserves, concentrated in particular in Sicily, Sardinia and Campania.
The marine protected areas in Italy have an area of about 222,000 hectares and include stretches of sea and coasts where certain human activities that could damage the environment are regulated and limited.
Some of the prohibited activities are, for example, entry with polluting vehicles (motor boats, cars and motorcycles), sport and / or professional fishing and scuba diving.
Here they are in detail, region by region, in alphabetical order, including the vast area of the Cetacean Sanctuary which includes several regions and a part of French territory:
1) Sanctuary of the Cetaceans (extended to Liguria, Tuscany, northern part of Sardinia, Corsica and eastern part of the French Mediterranean coast)
2) Torre del Cerrano marine protected area
3) Capo Rizzuto marine protected natural area
4) Punta Campanella marine protected natural area
5) Marine Protected Area of the Kingdom of Neptune
6) Marine protected area of Santa Maria di Castellabate
7) Marine Protected Area Costa degli Infreschi and Masseta
8) Submerged park of Baia
9) Submerged park of Gaiola
Friuli Venezia Giulia
10) Miramare marine nature reserve in the Gulf of Trieste
11) Marine protected natural area of Ventotene and Santo Stefano islands
12) Secche di Tor Paterno protected marine natural area
13) Cinque Terre marine protected area
14) Portofino marine protected natural area
15) Bergeggi Island Marine Protected Area
16) Regional Natural Park of Monte San Bartolo. From Gabicce Mare to Pesaro
17) Tremiti Islands marine nature reserve
18) Torre Guaceto marine nature reserve
19) Porto Cesareo marine protected natural area
20) Capo Carbonara marine protected natural area
21) Protected marine area of the Sinis Peninsula - Mal di Ventre Island
22) Natural marine protected area Tavolara - Punta Coda Cavallo
23) Natural marine protected area Capo Caccia - Isola Piana
24) Marine Protected Area of Asinara Island
26) Marine Protected Area of Ustica Island
27) Marine Protected Area of the Cyclops Islands
28) Egadi Islands marine nature reserve
29) Protected marine area of the Pelagie Islands
30) Natural marine protected area Capo Gallo - Isola delle Femmine
31) Natural marine protected area of Plemmirio
32) Protected marine area Secche della Meloria
Also in this case, we will try to offer you images, videos and more information with dedicated articles to organize your possible visit.
You might also be interested in the Largest Marine Park in the World in Hawaii